This is me- the writing goddess Melanie

This is me- the writing goddess Melanie
The writing goddess at leisure

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Cleaning the Office

     Spring cleaning and it starts in my office.  I can't believe the amount of clutter that accumulates when I think I am cleaning up behind myself.  There is a napkin on my desk from yesterday's breakfast, coffee and a muffin. On the bookcase not only are books not put back where they belong, but I have a plant that is fighting for its life as I forget to water it.  Finally after an hour of cleaning and attempting to revive the wilting plant, my office is starting to look like a viable work space again. My phone keeps ringing and interrupting my progress right as it starts to look like there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Photo Courtesy of Mackensie  Kosut and flickr.com

     I have been attempting to teach myself Photoshop.  It is really much harder than it is portrayed on YouTube.  I bought a book that teaches visually, unfortunately I am having some trouble learning it.  I never anticipated the difficulty of this program.  Lightroom  is also a great program and I would love to master the two of these photo editing software programs. I welcome any tips or tricks to these programs.
     I can't wait for the new season of The Voice and also the new season of Dancing with the Stars.  It is so nice getting to see the stars of old once again.  Stars from shows like the Wonder Years and Full House last season graced the floor, learning dance routines that were challenging even for professionals.  I did not like some of the costumes on this last season such as the gold jumpsuit that Candace Cameron Bure sported during one of her dances.  In one of the past seasons, I enjoyed seeing Kirstie Alley show that 60 isn't too old to compete with her younger competitors.  All the weight she lost during that season was so amazing.  I think as an audience, we are so caught up in watching the performances that we fail to realize the amount of work that goes into learning the routine every week.
     The Voice is a great platform for competitors to showcase their talent and get the exposure they need to launch their career and let's not forget the recording contracts to be earned. What do you think of our two new judges?  Blake and Adam and their shenanigans have made the show for all these seasons, but it will be interesting to see how the dynamics change with Gwen and Pharrell in the judge's chairs.  In my opinion, Sept 22, 2014 can't come soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment