This is me- the writing goddess Melanie

This is me- the writing goddess Melanie
The writing goddess at leisure

Sunday, December 7, 2014

As we look forward to Christmas

     Hi everyone, how was your Thanksgiving?  Mine was spent with some family and friends.  The rest of the day was pretty quiet.  I ate too much and treated myself to some dessert.  So much food to choose from and I wanted to taste it all.  Unfortunately with a small serving of each, my plate filled up rather quickly.  It's hard not to eat too much during the holidays.  It was wonderful to catch up with those we only get to see on special occasions.  For me, it is a reminder that I need to make more of an effort to keep in touch.
     Can you believe that Christmas is only 18 days away?  Where has the time gone?  This year seems to have flown by.  It seems like such a short time ago we were dyeing Easter eggs and attending Easter service.  Now Christmas and subsequently the New Year is only a blink away.  Have you completed your shopping?  I am usually that crazy lady that you see on Christmas Eve battling crowds in a mad dash to get that last minute gift.  Why do we do that?  Every year on December 26th I say to myself that I will get an earlier start on next year and when the next year comes, it is still the same.
     How many of you tackled Black Friday sales in the last ditch effort to save money on Christmas this year?  Those crowds are vicious and the lines wrapping around the building are so intimidating,  It is not for the faint of heart I'll say.  That said the deals are incredible.  Deals on electronics have many holiday shoppers cutting their Thanksgiving meals short to get a good spot in line at WalMart. Technology is king with teenagers and adults alike, taking advantage of Black Friday deals can really shave money off the Christmas bill.
     A thought this Christmas is to make a Christmas tradition of adding homemade gifts for the members of the family.  This is a way to include children in the act of giving gifts this Christmas Season.  Small children are many times robbed of the joy of giving because they have no money.  Involving children in making homemade Christmas gifts would allow them to take a more active role in the Holiday giving.  It is also a great opportunity to teach a lesson.  It is better to give than to receive.  Merry Christmas to you and yours this Holiday Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment